One of the most effective ways to improve reading comprehension for all students is to include a quality daily reading review system into your routine. When you expose students to quality reading passages, accompanied by well-written text-dependent questions, magical things can happen. This is why I have spent the last few years developing this daily spiral review reading program.
CLICK your grade level to take a closer look!
- You’ll get 36 weeks of Daily Reading Review Sheets
- 36 weeks of Weekly Reading Quizzes
- Plus, 36 weeks of Constructed Response Practice
- 4 text-dependent questions per day, Monday-Thursday (16 questions per week) (not too overwhelming)
- All passages were written by a professional author!
- Each week focuses on one standard while still reviewing other reading standards.
- Questions are Editable in Microsoft Word & Google Docs (also comes in PDF)
- ANSWER KEYS included!
- 2 Formats Available: “Condensed” format to save paper & a “More Space” format to give students more space to show their work.
- Pacing Guide for the entire year
- 3 editable graphs for tracking student progress (use with weekly quizzes)
More About this Reading Spiral Review
- Students focus on one passage per week. This gives students the opportunity to read and reread the passage multiple times, increasing fluency and comprehension.
- There is one main focus skill per week while still reviewing other critical reading comprehension standards. Teachers can consistently see where students are still struggling.
- Each day includes a handful of text-dependent questions. This improves a student’s ability to respond to questions and cite evidence from a text, without becoming overwhelming.
- This resource can easily be used as daily reading homework, daily morning work, or an in-class daily reading review activity.
The Benefits of Daily Spiral Review
- Students master and retain grade-level standards in less than 10-15 minutes per day.
- More importantly, student confidence in reading increases.
- In addition, students don’t forget what they’ve learned.
- Finally, teachers can quickly identify and target students who need reteaching on a day to day basis.
Why Teacher Love this Daily Reading Review System…
- A daily dose of review helps build, strengthen, and review reading comprehension skills all year.
- Students focus on one passage per week, digging deeper each day! Ideal for Close Reading.
- All passages are on grade level.
- Questions are text-dependent and slowly increase in rigor as the week progresses.
- The daily assignments are meaningful and NOT overwhelming.
- The progress monitoring section holds students accountable for their own learning.
- Parents appreciate the consistency of the homework (if using as homework).
- Teachers can easily see where students are still struggling on a regular basis
- It’s Editable – change questions or wording to differentiate and fit your students’ needs.
- Teachers find students need almost NO test-prep before standardized testing when using this resource all year.
- Homework completion rates increase! (if using as homework)
- It gets results! Teachers spend less time reteaching standards and preparing for standardized tests.
CLICK your grade level to get them now!
What Teachers Are Saying…