One of the most effective ways to improve reading comprehension for all students is to include a quality digital reading review system into your routine. When you expose students to quality reading passages, accompanied by well-written text-dependent questions, magical things can happen. This is why I have spent the last few years developing this daily spiral review reading program.
Now available in Google Forms, this daily reading comprehension resource is Self-Grading and Automatically Collect Data!
Click your grade level below to get an entire year’s worth of spiral reviews, 100% DIGITAL, fully editable, and ready to go. OR, you can continue scrolling to learn more about my favorite classroom resource.
Click your grade level to take a closer look!
One Stop Teacher Memberships
Our grade-level memberships provide the BIGGEST savings on ALL One Stop Teacher Resources! Get 24/7 access to a library of highly effective, student-approved, educational resources.
About this Digital Reading Review
- Students focus on one passage per week. This gives students the opportunity to read and reread the passage multiple times, increasing fluency and comprehension.
- There is one main focus skill per week while still reviewing other critical reading comprehension standards. Teachers can consistently see where students are still struggling.
- Each day includes a handful of text-dependent questions. This improves a student’s ability to respond to questions and cite evidence from a text, without becoming overwhelming.
- Also included, a short weekly multiple-choice quiz and TWO constructed response questions.
- This resource can easily be used as daily reading homework, daily morning work, or an in-class daily reading review activity.
- You’ll get 36 Weeks of Daily Reading Comprehension Review (144 Google Forms)
- 36 Weeks of Weekly Reading Quizzes (includes one constructed-response question) (36 Google Forms)
- Plus, 36 Weeks of Constructed Response Practice (36 Google Forms)
The Amazing Benefits of this Digital Reading Review
- Students master and retain grade-level standards in less than 10-15 minutes per day.
- More importantly, student confidence in reading increases.
- In addition, students don’t forget what they’ve learned.
- Finally, teachers can quickly identify and target students who need reteaching on a day to day basis.
Why you’ll LOVE these DIGITAL Reading Reviews & Quizzes!
- You get a full year of digital reading review and weekly quizzes!
- NO Grading! Google Forms grade themselves. This is a HUGE time saver!
- You can rest assured your students will get a quality review every day!
- Weekly quizzes make it easy to collect data and grades.
- The daily assignments are meaningful and NOT overwhelming.
- You can easily see where students are still struggling on a regular basis.
- Every Google Form will provide you with TONS of class and individual data, automatically!
- It’s Editable – change questions or wording to differentiate and fit your students’ needs.
- When using a spiral review, teachers find students need almost NO test-prep before standardized testing.
- Homework completion rates increase! (if using as homework)
- It gets results! Teachers spend less time reteaching standards and preparing for standardized tests.
Click your grade level to get them now!
What Teachers Are Saying…
Amazing and very in-depth! Excellent quality and well worth the price! I am so excited about any paperless Google products! Our principal has cut our copies to the bare bones so that we can use that money for other things, like field trips! ~ Cheryl C.
This is the digital reading review for my 5th graders. This is a wonderful resource if you are looking to strengthen the concept of finding text evidence as well as reading comprehension. What I like about it most is that there are a variety of genres of literature to choose from, which I can easily assign to tie-in with what we are working on in class. Additionally, these texts and CQs are not overwhelming to students. Highly recommend! ~ Ashley M.
I love this! The paperless and google forms are LIFESAVING. I seriously dread making copies and I love that this is paperless AND grades it for me. We have had so many great discussions regarding test-taking strategies and my students have grown so much in their constructed response writing. ~ Courtney P.
Moving to Google Classroom proved challenging this year, but this resource fits perfectly! My students are loving the format, I am loving the ease of scoring, and parents like that they can see student progress! ~ Jen. D.
Also Available for MATH! Click below to learn more!