This reading response resource includes…
- 44 Fiction and Nonfiction Reading Response Sheets that can be used during Literacy Centers and/or Guided Reading. These activity sheets were created to reinforce “good” reading strategies and reading standards.
- a PDF version and a fully editable version of each page in PowerPoint
- a GOOGLE Slides version that is ready to be used with Google Classroom (formatted for students to type on the pages)
- an ANCHOR CHART version of each sheet with directions on how to print poster-size pages.
One Stop Teacher Memberships
Our grade-level memberships provide the BIGGEST savings on ALL One Stop Teacher Resources! Get 24/7 access to a library of highly effective, student-approved, educational resources.
How I use this resource…
All you will need for these reading response sheets to work in your classroom is a variety of Fiction and Nonfiction texts (articles, websites, books, picture books, short stories, chapter books).
As a teacher, I always seem to have a collection of texts, but nothing to go with them. This resource solves that problem!!! I place a few different texts out for my students to choose from (as one of my Literacy Centers), and one of these reading response sheets, based on the skill we are working on. I change out the sheet once a week and provide new texts as needed. Students can also use their “independent reading” book with these sheets!
Another way I use this resource in my classroom is during Guided Reading. I use any text of my choosing and the activity sheet that aligns with the standard I am teaching. This is a great way to differentiate. You can use the same activity sheet with each group, but with a different text (on their level).
Why Teachers LOVE them…
- They are NO-PREP!
- You can use each reading response multiple times! Just change out the text.
- Each sheet teaches why the skill is important as well as provide a meaningful activity to reinforce the skill.
- FULLY EDITABLE and can be adapted to ANY classroom.
- They make reading centers and guided reading lessons EASY to prep!
- Students on ALL levels can use these just by changing out the level of the text.
CLICK BELOW to check them out!